Can not boot RaspberryPi 3B+ with Zeroshell image

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Can not boot RaspberryPi 3B+ with Zeroshell image

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Redone dz 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Robrecht Siera
    Participant

I’ve been using zeroshell for many years now, on several type of machines.
    But I just can’t get it working on a RaspberryPi 3B+.

I downloaded the img and wrote it to brand new SDcard 16GB.
    But RaspberryPi does not boot.
    I tried two different SDcard writers (I’m a windows user). No luck.
    I bought another SDcard and tried with that one. No luck.
    I can boot my RaspberryPi with the SDcard which was part of startup kit. It has Raspbian installed on. And that works perfectly.
    I made an image of that SDcard and wrote it to my SDcard. That worked. I can boot with that.

Maybe Zeroshell on RaspberryPi 3B PLUS isn’t supported yet?

Anyone any suggestion?

Reference https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=437084#p437084

fulvio
    Keymaster

I never tested zeroshell on Raspberry PI 3 B+. Probably I’ll have to release a dedicated image for this device in the future.
    Regards
    Fulvio

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  fulvio.

fulvio
    Keymaster

I’m working on this porting. Thanks to Robrecht that has donated a RPI 3 B+to Zeroshell Project.

Regards
    Fulvio

teh zeus
    Participant

I know this was just a week ago but any progress for the B+? Very interested in this device.

fulvio
    Keymaster

I am working to release an image with the Kernel 4.14.34 that can boot on Rasperry Pi 3 B+
    Regards
    Fulvio

Redone dz
    Participant

I have the same problem with my rasberry pi 3B when i wrote the img on a sd card using différents tools its fail on 99%
    The img is uploaded in to the sd card and i Can boot with it but it stop a few seconds after with a message like ” Can not start live cd “

fulvio
    Keymaster

Do you refer to the new Raspberry Pi 3B Plus? for this model you have to wait the image of Zeroshell 3.9.0 that will be available next week. If instead your Raspberry Pi is the older model 3B probably you have some problems writing the image on the Micro SD.

Regards
    Fulvio

Redone dz
    Participant

Hi Fulvio, thinks for your Replay,as you Say i think that is a problem of formatting SD card etcher

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.