Can I remove load balancing setup?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Can I remove load balancing setup?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  DrmCa 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DrmCa
    Participant

There used to be 2 DSL connections to my ISP, but now I am only subscribed to one. There is still load balancer set up in ZS however, and when I tried to disable it, I lost the connection and it would not restore until I re-enabled the load balancer. What am I doing wrong and what is the process to delete load balancing rules and shut down load balancer?

Montikore
    Participant

I think you didn’t put the right default gateway in the router menu. Removing load balancing shouldn’t be more than that.

DrmCa
    Participant

I must have not explained myself clearly.
    The load balancer is set up like this:

When I try to disable it completely by un-checking Status at the top, I lose the connection.
    I had thought that net balancer could be disabled completely, so the default GW should be elsewhere I guess. Where do I enter the default GW and what IP would go in there?
    I had a single connection so long ago, that I simply can’t remember how it was set up back then. Like more than 10 years ago.

Montikore
    Participant

Yes this is it! I use it quite a lot, and it works fine like you try…
    From what i see, it should work… just check in the router menu as i said (button “Default GW” on the right of the page), that the default gateway is the one you want to use.

Montikore
    Participant

I just noticed your default gateway and “aei0” are on the same interface…which is weird without more info.
    i personnaly rather use the IP adress than the interface, especially if they are both on the same interface!!
    try to change it, it may help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.