can i have qos and limit layer 2 mac destination at the same

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell can i have qos and limit layer 2 mac destination at the same

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  aminos 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

aminos

i need to qos traffic, so i configured a bridge on zeroshell between 2 eth, but then i need to limit broadcast mac add on the bridge but zeroshell firewall lets me limit only source mac not destination mac, so i have to setup zeroshell as a router to limit layer 2 broadcast, but i loose the qos bcoz it only works on bridge. any suggestions??? plzzzz

imported_fulvio
    Participant

It is not true that QoS works only in bridge mode. The QoS queues are directly attached to the network interfaces and therefore they work indipendently from the forwarding mode (bridging or routing). For this reason you can use the routing to limit the layer 2 broadcast packets and use the traffic shaping at the same time.

Regards
    Fulvio

aminos

yes wright i was wrong about that, but i wanted to stay in bridged mode, i found a solution, i used the vlans, and it worked… anyway i really appreciate ur work, thank u for the effort u have made on this project, it’s amazing.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad-Amin Hasbini

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.