Can anyone help with bandwidth limiting based on IP?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Can anyone help with bandwidth limiting based on IP?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  matt.brander 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

matt.brander

Hello everyone

Just getting started with zeroshell (seems great so far) and wondered if someone could point me in the right direction with the following problem:

Overview:

ISP block of 8 IPs >>zeroshell as (etho,eth1>br0) transparent bridge>>firewall

The 8 IPs will be defined as virtual interfaces on the firewall for NAT to internal clients.

I currently have traffic flowing “accross the bridge” from one of the IPs that I have allocated to an interface on the firewall to the ISP router.

SO:

I figure I should be able to use qos on the zeroshell to limit up/down bandwidth per IP – eg 1.2.3.4 is allowed 1Mb down/0.5Mb up whereas 1.2.3.5 is allowed 2Mb down/1Mb up

If someone could tell me that this is definitely possible that would be a start 🙂

And if guidance on the qos setup could also be provided I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance for any assistance available.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.