bridge plus transparent proxy not working? soekris

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking bridge plus transparent proxy not working? soekris

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  wreg 9 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wreg

Heya. I’m running zeroshell on a soekris. The thing I want to do with it is to use this as a transparent proxy.
    I put eth00 and eth01 in a bridge with some dhcp address for management.
    This works fine as I can surf through it (lan on eth01, me on eth00) and get my dhcp address through it etc…

Enabling transparent proxy isn’t too much of an issue either. Problem is, it doesn’t block anything. Not even the sites in blacklist.

Sounds pretty obvious since it doesn’t yet know where to listen for http requests so I added a capture rule.

capture request eth00

now NOTHING gets through…

I don’t really get it I’m afraid 😉

There’s another proxy further up the chain, but we have no control over it and it doesn’ tblock everything we want to block. Basically all we want is something to put between our master switch and router that blocks out those couple of extra sites that we want blocked. And we don’t wanna change out network config (add routes or whatever) to do this.

Basically, traffic coming into eth00 get compared to blacklist, and then either dropped or forwarded to eth01.

Sounds easy enough but I can’t get it done 😉

ppalias

Check the documentation as I think that it won’t work in bridge mode. Also try to capture the traffic on interface BRIDGE00.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.