Boot problem

Home Page Forums Network Management Signal a BUG Boot problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  oms.ibrahim 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

oms.ibrahim

First of all thanks to everyone who contributed to zeroshell, specially to Mr. Fulvio for this great work.

I have been using zeroshell for almost 2 years already and in some occasions, the profile seems to be corrupted and zeroshell wont start.

The first time it happened was after I installed MRTG. When I rebooted, linux cannot even execute modprobe during startup. It cannot load drivers and everything. This prevents me from logging into the system. Looks like the profile is corrupted. What I ended up doing is format the partition and re-create the profile in zeroshell.

The next time it happened is after I installed snort on beta 11. Again after a restart, the same thing happened.

Today it happened again. It occurred after I switched to another profile. After like 5 minutes, I switched back to the original profile, and when zeroshell rebooted, it wont start anymore. Can’t even login.

I tried searching the net for similar problems but haven’t found any so I thought I’d post this problem here.

BTW I’m using liveCD. Any help please….

ppalias

I think I had the same issue with snort. Could not find a solution even though I posted my problem here. I went back a few months due to the fact that some back ups were not working either. The only solution to your problem is back up before you try anything.

oms.ibrahim

Yup exactly. Now I’m creating 2 partitions, 1 for the active profile & another for backup. Thanks..

ppalias

No need to create 2 partitions. Just take regular backups of your system and make sure they work on an another test restore system.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.