bonding with dyndns question

Home Page Forums Network Management VPN bonding with dyndns question

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  tripdog 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tripdog

Hello everybody 🙂 I´m new here. And thank you Fulvio for this amazing release.

Here is what I want in pixels:

I tried to realise Fulvio´s howto -> http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/load-balancing-failover/

And now my questions:

It is possible to realise this setup with two dynamic IP´s?
      I think on the VPN server side I need two dyndns domain names and zeroshell is not able to update two dyndns names.

here is the the order how I install:

– set up the ppp connections
      – set up the dyndns
      – put the two ppp interfaces to load balancing
      – set up the VPN tunnels
      – bond the tunnels, first on zerochannel 01 then on zerochannel 02
      – set up IP adresses for the bond interface for each side in the same subnet 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2
      – set static routes for my two networks 192.168.3.0/24 and 192.168.8.0/24

Do I need other static routes to connect the www or is this automatic done by the bonding? -> DEFAULT GATEWAY (LB) two times
      Do I have to enable NAT on ppp0 and ppp1?

ppalias

ZS doesn’t update 2 dyndns, this is a fact. A workaround I had implemented for this was to use 2 systems in my LAN to update the 2 dyndns accounts and with netbalancer rules I forced them use each one a different pppX interface.
    Now normally all your traffic to the internet will be using the pppX interfaces, since it has a default gateway acquired from your provider. If you want to use the BOND for that you will have to add it in the Netbalancer as a gateway (the remote IP address of the BOND).
    Yes, NAT should be enabled to pppX.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.