I’ve read through all the forum posts, and tried a million things – i’m out of ideas and would appreciate some help.
I have two Zeroshell boxes, one at the data centre on a gig link, one at my home.
My home has two ADSL connections which are 8 megabit down, 448kb up. Both are PPPoA with 1500 MTU.
I have a bond, and openvpn links across both.
I’m finding that a single VPN, unbonded is getting a throughput of around 1.5 megabit – this is awful. When bonded it gets just under 3.0.
So the problem appears to be the throughput on a single VPN. I’ve tried tweaking tun-mtu, mssfix, fragment. I can make the figures improve, or worsen, but can’t get any more than 1.5 or 1.6 megabit on the tunnel.
Machines are virtual, running on Hyper-V, 2gb RAM, very fast under utilised servers.
I’ve also tried building the whole setup by hand in Ubuntu, and the results are the same.
Quite simply – i need some help making an openVPN get better throughput on an ADSL line with a particularly slow upload.
My stats are from iPerf. The lines individual get around 6mb.