Blocking Websites

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Blocking Websites

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  kirikuchris 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kirikuchris

Hello Everybody,
    I have just installed zeroshell on a new Soekris Net6501 and I am struggling with websites blocking. I am installing this router for a school, so blocking websites is among the main requirements, beeing new to Zeroshell, I found only useful documentation for the installation and other basic configurations, and something about using openDNS, but nothing on proper blocking websites. Can someone help me?
    For example, if I want to block http://www.youtube.com, how would I do that?

Thank you in advance!

redfive
    Participant

You should create a firewall rule, in the FORWARD chain, then in the ‘IPTABLES Parameters’, add

-m ndpi --youtube

If you know a bit how iptables work, should be easy …
    Cheers,
    jonatha

kirikuchris

Thank you for your reply, I guess I will have to look into how iptables works! I have limited knowledge with them. Nothing straightforward? I am a bit running out time!! 😯

Montikore
    Participant

just add a firewall rule to reject youtube IP

DrmCa
    Participant

Many such servers are distributed and load-balanced over multiple IPs on the DNS level. Blocking one IP is an incomplete and often temporary solution.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.