Block unknown MAC address to access internet

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Block unknown MAC address to access internet

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Shiv 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Shiv

Hi,
    I am using ZS 2.0 RC3. I want to fix an IP address for a specific MAC address only so no other device can use that IP either the device (for which IP address is fixed) is powered ON or OFF. My aim is a new machine with unknown mac address can’t access Internet.

Please suggest how to do this.

Shiv

@shiv wrote:

Hi,
    I am using ZS 2.0 RC3. I want to fix an IP address for a specific MAC address only so no other device can use that IP either the device (for which IP address is fixed) is powered ON or OFF. My aim is a new machine with unknown mac address can’t access Internet.

Done it successfully with ARP command. But if I want to unbind it what command will be used. Will -d command work for that?

redfive
    Participant

Hi Shiv, did you try by declaring, in firewall, forward chain, both source ip and source mac ?
    Regards

Shiv

@shiv wrote:

@shiv wrote:

Hi,

Done it successfully with ARP command. But if I want to unbind it what command will be used. Will -d command work for that?

Pardon,,,, after a restart of ZS binding was not in effect it was not working. Bounded IPs are working with other devices also. Can someone help on this? What I missed?

Shiv

@redfive wrote:

Hi Shiv, did you try by declaring, in firewall, forward chain, both source ip and source mac ?
    Regards

Did you mean like in the image here? https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqwfld9vgyvf947/Screenshot-5.png?dl=0

Shiv

@shiv wrote:

@shiv wrote:

@shiv wrote:

Hi,

Pardon,,,, after a restart of ZS binding was not in effect it was not working. Bounded IPs are working with other devices also. Can someone help on this? What I missed?

Finally it’s done. I set a post boot script for the commands and it worked.

Thank you ZS Team 😀 😀

Dear Shiv,
    Can you post your solution here. it is really helpful for me. please help me with your solution

Shiv

@gopalakrishnank wrote:

Dear Shiv,
    Can you post your solution here. it is really helpful for me. please help me with your solution

I blocked IPs which are not in use for now. Created an executable file for ARP commands and then set a post boot script = System>Setup>Startup/Cron , after that reboot the ZS.

Dear Shiv,
    Please guide me for this. i newbie to zeroshell. how can i achieve this.if u have any reference provide me.

Thanks in advance

Shiv

@gopalakrishnank wrote:

Dear Shiv,
    Please guide me for this. i newbie to zeroshell. how can i achieve this.if u have any reference provide me.

Thanks in advance

I cleared that as above, can’t understand what you want more. For ref. please visit the link : https://www.zeroshell.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6005&sid=03ca932f62d033f324dd56408a24aa02

Dear Shiv,
    you told as ARP Commands written.
    I dont know how to write that. please guide for this.my requirement is I want to block unknown new ip cannot connect with My LAN Network.

Shiv

@gopalakrishnank wrote:

Dear Shiv,
    you told as ARP Commands written.
    I dont know how to write that. please guide for this.my requirement is I want to block unknown new ip cannot connect with My LAN Network.

command > arp -s IP_address MAC_address

Thanks for ur reply shiv,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.