- This topic is empty.
February 17, 2010 at 11:11 pm #42229
I am using Release 1.0.beta12 and could not find the SPF entry.
Does anyone know how to add the SPF record in DNS?
txt record is available but useless for this reason.
Is there another way (!!) to implement this “anti spammer” function?
Do I miss something?
Thanks for any replay.
somleacFebruary 17, 2010 at 11:43 pm #49727
Actually SPF uses the txt record. At least the SPF on my domains is specified in the txt records and that is what my mail server expects from others too. Log files indicate that it is working.
DKIM records are also txt records.
I assume you are using Zeroshell to provide DNS for your domain to the Internet at large as these records are published by the sending domain and checked by the receiving domain.February 18, 2010 at 12:08 am #49728
I do have 2 domains on my box – but this should no be a problem isn’t it?
How did you configured the SPF with only one txt entry? As far as I understood there should be two entries for this : one txt and one spf.
Have you test your domain spf entries with tools like:
somleacFebruary 18, 2010 at 12:15 am #49729
Looks like I will have to go back and check…
I set up SPF years ago and don’t recall that there were special SPF records at the time. I’ll check the RFCs again and then play around with both my DNS provider’s entry for my domain and with Zeroshell.February 18, 2010 at 8:26 am #49730
It seems be a new feature to request isn’t it?February 18, 2010 at 12:06 pm #49731
It seems be a new feature to request isn’t it?
Not just for Zeroshell: Since your post I have verified that neither the commercial DNS provider I use nor named on my mail and web server to support SPF record types. I think it is a relatively new record type and since SPF was originally set to use TXT records and still supports it I guess it will be a while before name servers all support it. Seems like it took a while for my DNS provider to support SRV records too…February 19, 2010 at 9:43 am #49732
After digging a little bit I found a working solutin:
On the SOA I added a new record TXT with :
v=spf1 a mx ~all
After a while (DNS expires) – it worked and my both domains do have the SPF records.
Thank you for co-operation.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.