Beta13: Radius functionality is broken

Home Page Forums Network Management Signal a BUG Beta13: Radius functionality is broken

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ddall 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Ddall

Hi,

In Zeroshell Beta13, you CAN’T authenticate a user using Radius
    To be more accurate, you can’t create a user that can be authenticated by Radius.
    Wich means: No VPN and no WPA 802.x.

Try to add or update an user, check the “RADIUS” box and Submit. Go back, to edit the same user: The RADIUS box is now unchecked.

Tested this on 3 different platforms, (an old HP desktop, an MSI wind netbook, and a VMWare machine) using the iso and compactflash images with the same result.

(This is a repost of this thread:this thread (wrong section))

Ddall

Come on!

It’s been more than 10days and no-one cares to say if I’m right or wrong here?

It’s easy: “I use ZS beta 13 and this bug affects me / doesn’t affect me”

redfive
    Participant

same problem with radius and new users , while for old users previously created at beta 13 update is still possible change vlan and obtain radius authentication
    bye
    jonatha

AtroposX

I had the same problem right after getting radius enabled and captive portal set up. I created a new user, ticked Radius, and clicked submit, tried to log into the portal as the user, and it wouldn’t work. I fixed it by going back into the user’s account, saw that it was not ticked, like yours, I ticked it anyways, clicked submit, and radius worked, and was able to log into the portal, and WPA worked for wireless.

Ddall

AtroposX’s solution works only for Captative Portal with me. ­čÖü

But using WPA, I get this:

18:47:56 	Login incorrect (rlm_ldap: User not found): [ddall-wind] (from client localhost port 0)
    18:47:56 Login incorrect (rlm_ldap: User not found): [ddall-wind] (from client AP.WRT54G port 2 cli 00-0D-08-1C-44-39)

If I use the admin account, WPA works perfectly

18:39:02 	Login OK: [admin] (from client localhost port 0)
    18:39:02 Login OK: [admin] (from client AP.WRT54G port 1 cli 00-18-DE-D1-1C-C1)

0hanzee

Ddall tiene raz├│n.

RADIUS Authentication Protocol está siempre desactivado en la configuración del usuario, no se puede conectar a la Wifi mediante PEAP, salvo que se utilice el usuario admin, tal y como dice AtroposX.

Sin embargo, EAP-TLS funciona. He instalado los certificados de los usuarios en sus respectivos portátiles y se conectan a la Wifi sin problemas.

┬┐Habeis probado a modificar directamente el archivo /etc/raddb/users?

Ddall

@Google translation of 0hanzee’s answer wrote:

Ddall’s right.

RADIUS Authentication Protocol is always disabled in the configuration of the user can not connect to wireless using PEAP, unless the admin user is used as AtroposX said.

However, EAP-TLS works. I installed the certificates of the users on their laptops and connect to wireless without problems.

Have you tried to directly edit the file / etc / raddb / users?

No I haven’t tried to edit files directly ­čÖé

Ddall

I Emailed Fulvio about it:
    @fulvio wrote:

I know the bug you say. I’m waiting to release next beta to correct it.
    Regards
    Fulvio

PeiJ

@ddall wrote:

I Emailed Fulvio about it:
    @fulvio wrote:

I know the bug you say. I’m waiting to release next beta to correct it.
    Regards
    Fulvio

Thank you

Can give a patch?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The beta14 corrects this issue.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.