Bandwidth per IP causes slow access to Zeroshell

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Bandwidth per IP causes slow access to Zeroshell

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ingeniado 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ingeniado

Hello,

I’ve configured bandwidth rates per IP in a Zeroshell bridge. It works fine.
    I’ve assigned a low (very low) bandwidth to Default Class, in order to assign a low bandwidth to unknown users.
    The problem is that the access to Zeroshell bridge (http admin zone) is classified in the Default class.

I’ve tried to make a class with the Bridge IP, the ETH00 MAC, ETH01 MAC, and I’m not able to get this traffic in that class 😕

How can I configure it?

thanks.
    Michael

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Unfortunately, the QoS classifier of Zeroshell acts only in the FORWARD chain of the mangle table. The packets destined to the local processes of Zeroshell do not cross this chain and are automatically classified in the DEFAULT class.
    To solve the problem you should remove the low bandwidth limit from the DEFAULT class and assign it to another class that you must create (for example with the name LIMITED). At this point, you just have to add a rule in the last position of the QoS classifier, without conditions and selecting the LIMITED class.
    In this manner the traffic unclassified by specified rules is shaped by the LIMITED class.

Regards
    Fulvio

ingeniado

Hello,

I’ve created the LIMITED class in last position and now… all traffic goes to this class ❓

I’m very confused. 😯

Regards
    Michael.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Sorry, I was confused. You should put the LIMITED traffic shaping rule in the first position. In this manner, any packet is marked as limited and then remarket if it belongs to an authorized user.

Regards
    Fulvio

ingeniado

Now works fine.

Thanks Fulvio.
    Michael.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.