Bandwidth Management for Each Source Address

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Bandwidth Management for Each Source Address

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  atifkhan 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

atifkhan

Hello Guys,
    I am trying to restrcit users Bandwidth to 64kbit each source IP address. And i also want to see how much bandwidth uses each ip address. I have more then 6000 Src Addresses

dme26

I’ve approximated this in the past by periodic scanning of the output from ULOG-acctd. Unless there’s something I don’t know about the way Netfilter is set up in Zeroshell, I’d guess you should be able to use this approach to discover usage stats (leaving aside the details of where the user-space executable would sit). As for control of 6000 IP addresses independently, I’d love to hear anyone’s solutions – I don’t think that’s going to be easy to do efficiently.

I think that the problem is usually transposed, and instead a few different rate classes are set up, and IPs are switched from one class to another appropriately. Even so, handling the 6000 IPs separately might still be challenging.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.