Automated User Create and Expire

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Automated User Create and Expire

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  markham 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

markham

I would like to be able to have some front desk people to click on a button and get a user name and password they can print out and then give to a user. This name should then expire after a specified time, like 24 or 48 hours, and automatically be removed from the system. The current system of adding users and then remembering to remove them is a bit complicated for the average front desk person. Is this something that can be done?

Also this is a very low security application so the ssl connection for user authentication is not needed. Can I get around using ssl so I don’t have to worry about the cert warnings?

Irie

this is, what i’m looking for, too.

tomorrow i will install zeroshell on a PC and test it a little bit if it is possible to use it in our guest-network.

i try to install a network, where every guest gets a unique username/password-combination, that is only 24 hours valid. the guest comes to our office, signes a list (which guest-network-access he got) and then he is able to connect to the guest-network with this username/password-combination. when the 24 hours are over, the combination of username and password is expired and he isn’t able to join the network anymore.

so you can exactly backtrack, which guest (name in the list + which guest-login) connected which websites or used which services (in case of abuse)

is this possible somehow?

thanks, i hope zeroshell will be my solution 🙂

PS: ömm, my english..i’m sorry

Irie

fulvio, would you be so kind to give short answers to the questions above?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The captive portal of Zeroshell is able to authenticate the users against a Kerberos 5 KDC which allows to set the expiration time of the accounts.

Looking the Captive Portal logs you can associate the usernames to the IP addresses and then using the connection tracking logs you can know the services (Destination IP, Source Port and Destination Port) the users have used.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.