Autodetect NICs with not incorporated drivers (rtl8187)

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Autodetect NICs with not incorporated drivers (rtl8187)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  dj.thd 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dj.thd

Hi,

The other day, I have installed zeroshell beta13 on a 4gb usb drive, on a dell inspiron 910 netbook. I wanted to use it as access point (for connecting to AP as a client, then give internet access through ethernet port), with ALFA AWUS036h wireless NIC (chipset realtek rtl8187L). After many tries, i managed to compile and install drivers.

Now, here is the problem: I have the interface listed at “iwconfig”, as well as “ifconfig”, but it does not appear in web interface.

Also, I can’t control txpower of the 8187L, but I suppose it’s likely related to driver issues more than the zeroshell system itself.

Have anyone tried something similar? Finally I managed to connect through the WLAN, but with a very unstable connection (drops randomly, very much packet losses, etc)
    There are any way to make zeroshell web interface see “wlan0”?

Thanks

lalecco

I have same problem….

dj.thd

I have been considering the possibility of creating a self-installable module for the driver, but before that, i would know more information about how the web-interface works, since as i got managed to install and run the driver, it still can’t be configured via web-interface. If someone could give any useful info, it would be very helpful for everyone. Thanks!

Sorry for my bad english, i’m spanish T_T xDD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.