Authenticating with Radius through Ubiquiti PicoStation M2HP

Home Page Forums Network Management RADIUS 802.1x and Captive Portal Authenticating with Radius through Ubiquiti PicoStation M2HP

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  matthew.a.squires 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am lost….

I am trying to authenticate using the Radius Server from Zeroshell.
    I configured my Bridged Access Point and it is working fine except I cannot Authenticate with the Radius Server.

ZEROSHELL: In the “RADIUS AUTHORIZED CLIENTS” window I entered the “Client Name” the IP address of the PicoStation and the “Shared Secret”.

PICOSTATION Access Point: Security – WPA Enterprise
    IP Address – 192.168.0.75 (example)
    Port – 1812
    RADIUS Server 1 – “Shared Secret”

When I connect to the SSID it drings up the Authentication window. I enter my UserID and Password, but the Zeroshell Log keeps reporting “Login incorrect:”.

What am I doing wrong, Please Help?????[/img]

redfive
    Participant

With which device are you trying the authentication on ZS’s radius server ?
    Regards

Yes; I am trying to authenticate of. Zeroshell.

redfive
    Participant

Maybe I have not been so clear, sorry, 😉
    From which device are you trying to connect/authenticate ? Win, *nix, android, ios ….
    Regards

I am trying to use the Zeroshell radius server to authenticate through the Ubiquiti Access Point.

The Zeroshell Logs shows me that I am reaching the server and attempting to Authenticate, but I keep reporting the message “Login incorrect:” and it shows My ZS User Name and the credential attempting to authenticate.

redfive
    Participant

Lets make it simple… three devices, ZS (the authentication server), the pico (the authenticator) , your own device (the supplicant) ….. what kind of devices is, in this stack, your own device ? A windows pc, android cell/tab, iphone/ipad …

The Simple Answer is that it is its own device.
    It is a POE Access Point that is connected to ZS via a Ethernet Cable.
    I gave is a Static address.

I am unable to find the LOG that shows if it is Authenticating. It you can direct me on where and hot to find that log I will be able to correctly answer question.

redfive
    Participant

If you get the message ‘login failed’ from radius’s log, I suspect a misconfiguration in the client settings (while instead seems correct the config. in the pico and in ZS) , but is needed to know what kind of device is the client … a windows pc ? an android cell/tab ? an ios device, like iphone/ipad ?
    Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.