Atheros wireless LAN cards

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Atheros wireless LAN cards

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  morfeus 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

morfeus

Hi! I would like to know if there is a way to add support for Atheros based wireless cards to ZeroShell? MadWifi supports atheros Cards but I don’t know how to add modules to ZeroShell and make an .img for CF card. Thanks!

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You should install the precompiled source Kernel that you can download from the download section http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/download. You must also install the gcc compiler and the binutils.
    To install the software you have to obtain a Read/Write installation of ZeroShell. Look at the post:
    http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/forum/viewtopic.php?t=210

Regards
    Fulvio

morfeus

Thank you for the replay, but this is for installation on an HDD! Is there any procedure to do the same on an CF card (add drivers on installation to CF)? For example:
    1. install zeroshell on CF
    2. change fstab and mount root filesystem as rw
    3. uncompress all the stuff needed for recompiling drivers
    4. add drivers….
    …..
    …..?!

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The CompactFlash devices are connected to the system with an IDE interface and hence you can use the same procedure described in the above post.

Fulvio

morfeus

Hi fulvio!

I have one more problem: when I “install” zeroshell as described in that post, what should I do with precompiled kernel source, compiler and binutils? Uncompress them where? Can you please give me information step-by-step how to add some drivers to zeroshell?

One more question: when do you plan to release zeroshell with madwifi and ndiswrapper included?

webwarrior

The madwifi and ndiswrapper would be the next stup up for a complete wireless node system, and would raise the value of zeroshell to a very highly valueable system.

Has anybode got the know how to trial this by themselves, and then build some web pages to make it work?

I am sure the zershell developer(s) would not mind to take code that works well, and import it into the project.

You have no idea how this could improve zeroshell. It is worth allot, as I said.

There must be someone out there that can give it a crack. Steel some code for somewhere else, but make it work! Then send it to the rest of us!

saadakhtar

ndiswrapper & madwifi capability seems very interesting. I have done some kernel compliation before.
    I am going to give it a try and post results.

morfeus

@saadakhtar
    the kernel compilation you did was for zeroshell or some other linux distribution? While for other distributions isn’t so hard to add drivers in kernel… If it was for zeroshell, can you give the exact procedure you followed?

saadakhtar

i havent done any kernel compilation for ZeroShell yet but have had some luck with debian. Furthermore you can visit http://www.howtoforge.com and look for kernel compilation tutorials. I have found the tutorials to be very helpful and explanatory.
    I am going to lookup some more stuff on kernel compilation (specially for madwifi) and will post as i go.

webwarrior

Do you guys need any kind of support?

I am only good with the web site of things and using Bash shell scripting.

I have build ultra fast database searching drivers for storing and pulling data out of XML using Grep, Sed and AWK, and then rendering the results with XSL.

That is as far as my Linux experience goes!

I have also developed applications for Palm IV using C.

I will try and help where I can.

morfeus

@webwarrior wrote:

Do you guys need any kind of support?

I am only good with the web site of things and using Bash shell scripting.

I have build ultra fast database searching drivers for storing and pulling data out of XML using Grep, Sed and AWK, and then rendering the results with XSL.

That is as far as my Linux experience goes!

I have also developed applications for Palm IV using C.

I will try and help where I can.

Wow! Great! Happy trying and many thanks for your help! I hope that we will make it work all together 😀

saadakhtar

hi,
    i am actually going throught the recompile documentation for one of the other distro kernels. just using it as help for this project. hopefully i will have some luck. will post results soon.

i was wondering if fulvio could give us some notes on compilation outline.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

I will write a small ZeroShell’s Kernel compilation How-to as soon as possible.
    In any case, you shouldn’t start the compilation by downloading a Kernel directly from http://www.kernel.org, but with an already patched from http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/download

Regards
    Fulvio

replicahours

Thanks for the links, fulvio.

Apreciate your help…

webwarrior

@replicahours wrote:

Thanks for the links, fulvio.

Apreciate your help…

saadakhtar, morfues, how did this go in the end.

Did the ndiswrapper and madwifi thing worked in the end?

Sorry, I moved countries in the meantme.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.