Asymmetric QoS Configuration

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Asymmetric QoS Configuration

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  SupaJ 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SupaJ

Setup:

Internet — eth01 — ZeroShell — eth0 — LAN.

I have an asymmetric Internet cnx: 1Mb/s down, 256kb/s up.

Max bandwidth on eth01 is set to 256kb/s and on eth00 it is 1Mb/s. In Fulvio’s explanation here he says that you must add the QoS classes to both interfaces. However if I set an upload cap of 50kb/s on bittorent traffic it will also limit bittorent downloads to this same speed, which is not what I want.

Questions:
    (a) Is it necessary to add the same QoS classes defined to both interfaces? Can I create different QoS classes for eth01 and eth00?
    (b) Is it really necessary to activate QoS on eth0. Let’s say I want full LAN speed in/out of the ZeroShell box. What effect will it have on BWM if I do not activate it?
    (c) If QoS is enable on both interfaces, and the same classes are assign to both, how do I assign separate upload and download speeds for a particular type of traffic e.g. bittorent?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

After applying a class to a network interface, press [Modify] button to apply Local Parameters. In this case, the class parameters are not imported from the class manager but are customized for the interface.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.