Asus EEE (701)

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Asus EEE (701)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ohit 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ohit

Hi all,

I have just got ZeroShell booted from a USB pen drive on a Asus EEE 701 2G netbook (the early 7″ ones).

My objective is to build a portable mobile broadband wifi/ethernet internet sharing unit (MiFi). In particular, I like the idea that I can potentially have the netbook up and running in this configuration by simply booting off a pre-configured USB pen drive.

Anyway, I am at the stage where I have the list of options on the screen. I have tried setting IP address manually and by DHCP. Neither works with interface not found errors and so on.

I can provide more detailed error messages etc., but to begin with: has anyone successfully run ZeroShell from similar hardware?

Please advise.

Hopefully I can later write a guide to build a portable and cheap MiFi unit.

Thank you.

ppalias

From the shell execute these commands:

lspci
    lsmod
    ifconfig -a

ohit

Just to close off this old question so other people searching could benefit…

I got this working this week. It certainly has not taken me 4 years!..just only got back to trying it this week when I had a real need for a mobile broadband internet sharing unit.

Steps: downloaded the latest version of ZeroShell. Booted off USB pen drive. And was able to get the web interface over the ethernet port on the the default IP address.

Whatever the problem was clearly got fixed by a later version.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.