ALIX embedded device for network appliances

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell ALIX embedded device for network appliances

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_fulvio 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The ALIX.2C2 http://www.pcengines.ch/alix2c2.htm with 256MB of RAM, AMD Geode LX CPU 500MHz processor and MiniPCI expansion slots has been tested to work fine with the WRAP CompactFlash image of Zeroshell. I have been impressed by the better performance of this embedded platform for network appliances.

Regards
    Fulvio

Fulvio,

Was there anything special you did to connect to the Alix board? I just got the ALIX.2C3 and bought a NULL modem cable (cross wired) like they say and can’t connect to the console.

If you could help that would be awesome.

thanks

@fulvio wrote:

The ALIX.2C2 http://www.pcengines.ch/alix2c2.htm with 256MB of RAM, AMD Geode LX CPU 500MHz processor and MiniPCI expansion slots has been tested to work fine with the WRAP CompactFlash image of Zeroshell. I have been impressed by the better performance of this embedded platform for network appliances.

Regards
    Fulvio

imported_fulvio
    Participant

It is not clear to me if you receive the bios and bootstrap messages via serial port.

kalin

Hi!

jeremy, set the serial port to 38400 8N1. On boot you should see

PC Engines ALIX.2 v0.99
    640 KB Base Memory
    261120 KB Extended Memory

If you don’t see this output your issue is not related to ZeroShell.

I’m have a ALIX.2C2 board with ZeroShell 1.0 beta9. Works fine but until Fulvio offers the build environment for download, I have to switch to other distro which are open for 3rd party development.

Regards,
    Kalin

moshei

The standard will give rise to a completely new form factor that combines not just memory but intelligence and an interface..

HVAC New York

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.