ALIX 2 GRUB Error 17

Home Page Forums Network Management Embedded Devices ALIX 2 GRUB Error 17

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  voll 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

voll

Hi at all,

I tried to install ZeroShell (beta 16, also tried beta 15, beta 14 beta 9) on my ALIX 2D3 board ( http://www.pcengines.ch/alix2d3.htm ). Writing the image on the compact flash card (4GB) with physdiskwrite was not a problem (tree new partitions createt by the image as described in other threads).

However powering on my ALIX I get the message via consol

PC Engines ALIX.2 v0.99h
    640 KB Base Memory
    261120 KB Extended Memory

01F0 Master 044A CF Card
    Phys C/H/S 7745/16/63 Log C/H/S 968/128/63
    GRUB Loading stage1.5.

GRUB loading, please wait...
    Error 17

Can anybody help, what am I doing wrong?

Using monwall http://m0n0.ch/wall/ the ALIX works just fine.

Thanks a lot,
    voll

voll

Hi at all,

now I could get my hands on another ALIX Board (Alix 2c3). However, same result. I still get the same error message 😥

PC Engines ALIX.2 v0.99
    640 KB Base Memory
    130048 KB Extended Memory

01F0 Master 044A CF Card
    Phys C/H/S 7745/16/63 Log C/H/S 968/128/63
    GRUB Loading stage1.5.

GRUB loading, please wait...
    Error 17

This device again is working fine with monowall…

I saw zeroshell advertised with a ALIX 2d13 board , I understand it is simply the ALIX 2d3 with added batterie, so it is working on the ALIX 2d structure.

What is my mistake?

Please help, anyone any idea?

Thanks a lot,
    voll

voll

Problem solved 😆

short:
    using a 2GB CF card ZeroShell strats up on the ALIX 2d3 now.

long:
    OK, after quite some sophisticated idea ping-pong with a friend, we figgured trying a smaler CompactFlash card. They are hard to find in local stores these days, but finaly I could get my hand on a 2GB CF card. This CF is from the same brand as the 4 GB CF I tryed before. And with this 2 GB CF ZeroShell fired up and runs smothly on my ALIX 2d3 while I am writing these lines. I have not tried the 2GB CF card on the ALIX 2c3 yet.

So it seems, the ALIX 2c3 and 2d3 do not like lange CF cards. I don#t cnow about the bios or the firmware of these ALIX boards. However the ALIX 2d13 ais advertised with a 4 GB CF crad running ZeroShell and other software, PC Engines The developer of the ALIX boards)has donated the 2d13 board a smal update. If there is realy a size limitation I don’t know.

So hoping this might help some other frustrated hobbyist…
    I am looking forward having fun seting up my new ZeroShell ALIX…

Bye
    voll

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.