ADSL, Cable, LAN, WiFi, Routing?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell ADSL, Cable, LAN, WiFi, Routing?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Crowy 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Crowy

Ok, moving from a pfsense router config to a zeroshell router config, just need a couple of pointers to point me in the right direction. (pfsense appears to have an issue when a NIC has more than 40% of its bandwidth being used, it decided to reset the device, which is very bad for MMORPGs, so looking into other distros), Also upgrading hardware from a Duron 1.1Ghz to a Pentium IV 1.9Ghz.

Basic Setup:
    ETH0: LAN
    ETH1: PPPoE ADSL Internet(Modem in Bridged Mode)
    ETH2: Cable Internet(DHCP)
    ETH3: WiFi(AP in Bridged Mode)

Default Gateway is through the ADSL
    Stactic Routes going through the Cable for ISP’s Free Content only, no additional traffic to go through this connection. I know the static routes that need to be setup.(had them working correctly on pfsense)

IP Ranges:
    LAN: 192.168.1.1/24
    ADSL: Internet
    Cable: Internet (but only allowed destinations)
    WiFi: 192.168.2.1/24

I have the intended replacement router, connected to a Laptop at the moment, in order to configure it and minimise downtime for when I do swap the routers over.

However I am getting errors when putting in the static routes.

Something like “ERROR: Static route 144.135.132.137/255.255.255.255 via 121.208.208.1 metric 0 not added: RTNETLINK answers: No such process”

Am I missing something?

ppalias

The error here means that you must have the gateway up first before applying it. If it is the ETH2 interface, add it temporarily as a static IP and the continue with your configuration. When it is time to swap the routers change the IP from static to dhcp.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.