Accounting module in a CP but BW limitation not working

Home Page Forums Network Management RADIUS 802.1x and Captive Portal Accounting module in a CP but BW limitation not working

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  rockmanchile 8 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rockmanchile

Hello all…

im trying the new Accounting module with a captive portal configuration. The main idea is to create two or three classes, each one with diferent access levels.

Right now, one class is called ALUMNOS and the other one is called PROFESORES. When i create a new user i assign him the class depending of the type of user (student or teacher) but when they log in trough the captive portal everything works fine except for the bandwidth limitation:

As you can see, speedtest.net shows me the fastest possible access in my local network, even after i log in trough the captive portal with a user who is supposedly limited to 1 mbit/s

i have one atheros minipci with two SSID. One is bridged with the others adapters and the other one is set with the captive portal. Both have the same internet gateway by default.

im configuring one of the classes according to this:

ALUMNOS:

BILLING
    Type of Charge = POSTPAID
    Cost per Megabyte ($) =
    Cost per Hour ($) =

LIMITS
    Traffic (MBytes) = 1000
    Time (Hours) = 1000
    Bandwidth (Mbit/s) = 1

Im am doing something wrong ?

should i do something with the QoS ?

is there an extra way to set this trough the command line?

Thanks in advance.

Eric.

cavemangh

I am having the same problem. Looks like the bandwidth speed limit does not work. Clients connected to my network still get the maximum speed available though I have them on some sort of bandwith limit.
    Doe anybody know how to make the speed limit work?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.