Accidentally created rule on 443.

Home Page Forums Network Management Firewall, Traffic Shaping and Net Balancer Accidentally created rule on 443.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ksrimoungchanh 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello All:

I was accessing my ZS via HTTPS, when I had I accidentally created a “Virtual Server” using port 443.

It has now locked my out. I cannot SSH or Telnet in.

Is there any other way to access it. The ZS is across the country, so it would be hard for me to console in.

Thanks in advance,

Kou

atheling

Do you have a VPN setup? If so then depending on how you have things configured you might be able to SSH or HTTPS in from within the LAN.

I have both a SSH and HTTPS “virtual server” setup on my system but the mappings for that only work from the Internet. If you SSH or HTTPS the ZeroShell box from within the LAN or VPN you have full access.

Hello Atheling,

I created a rule as “Any interface/Any IP” so I assume when I tried using a Putty to SSH and telnet it failed to both the internal IP address of the LAN and the IP address of the VPN tunnel on that side.

Should I try something else?

Kou

ppalias

If you have forwarded port 443 and locked out SSH(telnet is not running) I am afraid you’ll have to use the console to revert the changes.
    The command to see the rules for port forward on the console is

iptables -t nat -L -v

after you find the line number you can remove it by

iptables -t nat -D PREROUTING XY

where XY is the line number.

Hello All:

As ppalias recommended, I was able to walk a remote user through connecting a monitor and keyboard on the ZS out there. I then walked the user through the instructions from ppalias and it works.

I then went into ZS and removed it from the HTTPS part to make sure it would not come back after a reboot.

Thanks all for the suggestions and help.

Kou

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.