I noticed that ZeroShell could be the perfect solution.
I was planning on utilizing one of my old PC, purchase a compatible Network Interface for Wi-Fi and install ZeroShell.
I have though few questions I wish to ask.
1) Is it OK from the Hardware standpoint getting, even for testing to see if it works, my old PC, purchase a compatible Network Interface for Wi-Fi and install ZeroShell?
2) How would I manage issuing of UserID and Passwrod and their management?
3) When they connect to the Internet they should only get a webpage where they must enter a valid UserName and Password.
Can someone who perhaps has already done it please advice me?
1) Yes you can try it. Most ethernet cards will work. Regarding wireless cards look for cards supported by Madwifi driver, e.g Atheros.
2) As far as I know you create users on the ZS itself or enable AAA on a remote radius.
3) This is called captive portal, search the forum and ZS site for its capabilities.