Absolute beginner talk

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Absolute beginner talk

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  thegmin 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

thegmin

Hi all,

I just discovered Zeroshell and I think its great. At this moment I am experiencing some difficulties understanding the GUI and I wanted to ask some questions.
    First of all is editing resolv.conf the only way to add the ISP’s DNS? I searched for and hour in the GUI but couldnt find a way to do it from there.
    Second I added a gateway in the GUI so everything on the router side works perfect. I can ping from it. But the connect computer cant acces the web. How to fix that.
    Also I want to ask how to make DHCP work. I enabled it but it doesnt seem to work.
    My goal is to achieve to create a network that will allow me to have multiple web and mail servers behind one real IP. I saw that Zeroshell can be a DNS server. So all the domains will be there and they will be pointing the local server IP’s.

Thanks in advance 🙂
    Gabriel

yum

Hi,

First of all is editing resolv.conf the only way to add the ISP’s DNS? I searched for and hour in the GUI but couldnt find a way to do it from there.

Look at the menu “DNS” -> “Forwarders”. Add comma-separated list of ISP DNS for domain “ANY”.

Second I added a gateway in the GUI so everything on the router side works perfect. I can ping from it. But the connect computer cant acces the web. How to fix that.

Look at the menu “Router” -> “NAT”. Put external interface on the right side “Nat enabled interfaces”.

Also I want to ask how to make DHCP work. I enabled it but it doesnt seem to work.

For DHCP server first add subnet on your internal interface. The rest of its configuration is really simple.

My goal is to achieve to create a network that will allow me to have multiple web and mail servers behind one real IP.

Use menu “Router” -> “Virtual server” and follow the tips on that page.

thegmin

Hi again,

Thanks a lot the first one worked perfectly. 🙂
    But I cant get why there is no net on the other computer attached to ZS. I had added the interface in the NAT enabled list before this thread. Also I have added the Default gateway and still… 😀

Gabriel

yum

Can you give more details about your setup? I mean IP-addresses, netmasks, firewall restrictions. Can you ping ZeroShell box from LAN computer?

thegmin

I fixed it. Somehow I must have done something worng in the process and started from sctratch creating a new database. But now I went to the more complcated part. How to have multiple webservers which broadcast different sites on 80 and 443 and they are all behind one real IP. And on the same time to have few web servers behind real IP’s. I have 5 real IP’s.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.