A Little DNS / Domain Help?

Home Page Forums Network Management Linux and Networking A Little DNS / Domain Help?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ben.dietschi 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ben.dietschi

I’m having a problem setting up a domain for my LAN and I’m hoping that with many experts around this forum, someone won’t mind to point me in the right direction...

Screenshots are worth a thousand words so I took a few:
    http://bendiets.mydisk.se

What I would like to do is have a simple internal domain. The plan is for my Ubuntu computer to function as the domain controller (and file/print server) via Samba (work in progress). My zeroshell box should provide authentication services via LDAP and Kerberos, as well as DHCP and DNS services for the network. Does this make sense?

I have setup the DHCP in zeroshell so that zeroshell is the DNS server.

(see screenshots)

I create a domain via the SOA entry as described in various examples, however this error occurs on the SOA as well as any subsequent entries (ie. “A” address records, etc)
    (see screenshots)

After I create the record a prompt states:

“WARNING: an error has been found in this entry. Click on Query button for more details about it.”

A Query on the SOA record yields this result:

RESOLVER ERROR:
    Trying “onegrange.net”
    Received 31 bytes from 127.0.0.1#53 in 1 ms
    Trying “onegrange.net”
    Using domain server:
    Name: localhost
    Address: 127.0.0.1#53
    Aliases:
    Host onegrange.net not found: 2(SERVFAIL)
    Received 31 bytes from 127.0.0.1#53 in 1 ms

ANY help at all is very much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ben Smile 🙂

jbo5112

I don’t know if you’ve figured this out by now, but it appears that you don’t have an ‘A’ record for onegrange.net. Select it from the list of entries, then click to add a new resource command (next to the left and right arrows). I don’t know if this will fix anything, but you also need add an ‘A’ entry for zeroshell. I’m not sure if everything is dependent on being able to lookup the ip address of the NS.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.