3G Modem ttyUSB# change

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell 3G Modem ttyUSB# change

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  DejeroDale 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DejeroDale

Hi, I am trying to get 2x sierra wireless modems running on ZeroShell, which I have done – however every time I reboot the system or power is cut the tty number changes and I have to keep going into the gui and selecting a new tty until it connects. Is there a way to manually assign the tty number to a specific modem?
    I have heard of doing this using udevadm however I noticed that there is no default rules file under /etc/udev/rules.d/

I am trying this on both the 3.0 release and the 2.0RC3

any help would be great thanks.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The rules are in /lib/udev/rules.d/ but these are read only. You could use a post boot script that change the the modem device automatically.

Regards
    Fulvio

DejeroDale

@fulvio wrote:

The rules are in /lib/udev/rules.d/ but these are read only. You could use a post boot script that change the the modem device automatically.

Regards
    Fulvio

Would I not be able to create a udev with a lower number as to load it first?
    Would the installed ZS make them writeable? Or do they remain RO?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Zeroshell is on a Read Only filesystem in any case. This is for security reasons.

Regards
    Fulvio

DejeroDale

So if I was to make a post boot script to make symbolic links in zeroshell, do you have an example of what that may look like?

I understand that I have to find the identification of the modem, then create a new rule or re-write a rule to make a symbolic link to point the modem to a “static tty”.

Thanks for the help.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You should try with

ln -s $(ls /dev/ttyUSB? | tail -1) /dev/ttyUSB

in the pre boot script.
    After the reboot you have to select the device /dev/ttyUSB as modem.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.