July 11, 2018 at 3:52 pm #64205
Thanks for Zeroshell! Love having the capability of an enterprise router for my home network!
This is just a report of my experience upgrading from 3.8.2 to 3.9.0. I am back to 3.8.2 and happy.
1. The upgrade went smoothly and reboot was accomplished without issue.
2. I didn’t notice any problems right away but a few hours later started getting failures trying to reach common websites such as http://www.cnn.com. Received errors such as “server took too long to respond” and “connection refused”.
3. I found that using the https side of the same sites TENDED to work, e.g., https://www.cnn.com
4. I didn’t think it could be a DNS issue but I set my client to 126.96.36.199 (google DNS) with the same result
5. I don’t have ANY firewall rules in ZS
6. I am doing QOS. I did not try turning off QOS.
7. I verified that the problem was caused by my ZS router by connecting a laptop directly to my DSL modem and was able to reach the same sites.
8. I also checked that my laptop and other computers do not have any proxy settings.
Thanks!July 29, 2018 at 6:37 pm #64271Luca BParticipant
I had the same http with 3.9 ZS release as reported by Michael and I had to revert beck to 3.8.2. So far I have not found the culprit so still using 3.8 rel. but unable to upgrade again.
Any idea/suggestion is more than welcome
LucaAugust 2, 2018 at 12:27 am #64285arfonParticipant
Having the same problem. Random pages fail to load but reload on a refresh.August 4, 2018 at 12:04 am #64290
ok.. i’ve got an idea about this Were either of you folks using Squid? I am.. Going to play with removing it.August 4, 2018 at 1:37 pm #64293Luca BParticipant
Thx for your feednack Michael. However I’m not using Squid (pkg 40200) – never installed….August 13, 2018 at 9:07 pm #64318
My issue with 3.9.0 was resolved by turning off the transparent proxy and virus checking in “Http proxy”. Yes I was also using squid but I think the problem is with the proxy itself. Since the proxy AV only examines http, and cannot examine https, I think it’s of limited use these days anyway. So much is https.August 16, 2018 at 5:27 pm #64325r1vverParticipant
can anyone also check https://www.7-zip.org ?
I have failures to open site from behind ZS 3.9 and ZS 3.7.1
no proxy and no virus checking enabled, etc
DNS are also google ones.August 16, 2018 at 10:05 pm #64326
I’m on 3.9.0, using google DNS, and get there no problem.
Check that your IP is not blacklisted
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.