2 Wifi nics on Zeroshell

Home Page Forums Network Management Linux and Networking 2 Wifi nics on Zeroshell

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  dfabry 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dfabry

Hi there.

I want to setup a kind of “wifi repeater” for a cabin in a beach, wehere we have an open and free Wifi service already running. The open Wifi service covers around one Km around each of the antennas and actually I can connect and share the free Wifi service with my Windows thru Wifi but I have to be in a specific position inside de cabin, left my laptop up and running etc. That’s why I stopped at Zeroshell.

Looking into the information at the web page I found this article https://www.zeroshell.org/wireless-access-point/ where it states that you could setup two (2) wireles nics and use one as a client and the other one as an AP. This setup is very interesting because I can use one wifi nic with a directional antenna as client and a omni for the other one, the AP.

Well, I have two identical Atheros AR5212/AR5213 nics but the Show Information console option just show we one, wlan0. If I run a lispci command I can see both nics. (01:00.0 and 01:01.0)

I downloaded the Enhanced Wireless Hardware Support package, rebooted and I still jut see one Wifi nic, wlan0.

At this pont I’m stucked I do not have a clue about why I just see one wifi nic and if I missed something in the setup and/or the article have all the information on it because there you can see both wifi nics wlan0 and wlan1.

Best regards, saludos

dfabry

Korence:

The info you provided is not enough to help you.

Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.