2.0RC2 — Does it work at all?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell 2.0RC2 — Does it work at all?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  stfarley 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

stfarley

Does anybody have this working?

I have an Atom based miniPC with 2 USB NICS configured as follows

ETH0 => LAN
    ETH1 => ISP1
    ETH2 => ISP2

If I bypass the router I get 120Mb download from ISP1 and 8Mb from ISP2.
    Through the router I can’t get more than 7Mb.

If I go to load balancing I can see both ISP connections and when I configure ICMP Failover I get successful tests as long as I don’t enable load balancing. AS soon as I enable it both ISPs fail the test and I have no internet access through the router.

Also for every change I need to re-boot otherwise it doesn’t work properly. Not sure if this is expected.

Alesandro

I just registered here to ask the EXACT same (hell, even my connection speeds are the same)! So it’s not just you. Have you found any solution to this besides downgrading to a previous version of ZeroShell? 🙁

stfarley

No luck yet.

JamesR

FWIW, I found 2.0. RC2 stable & powerful enough but my broadband bandwidth was only about 35 Mbps down/6 up. I also didn’t try load balancing.

DrmCa
    Participant

I am going to try 2.0 with 2x 6mbit load balanced DSLs on the weekend and report. can’t do it right now due to being connected to work via VPN all the time, but promise I will test soon.

DrmCa
    Participant

Figured my CD image was corrupt from using download accelerator… 2nd try…

No good! No more load balancing, limited under 6 mbit.

Actually, after more testing, I managed to force some load balancing to occur after adding many download segments. With 1.0 and Atheling’s patch the 2nd d/l segment would almost 100% be load balanced. Here I had to add 6-7 segments to get load balancing.

Do I need to remove Atheling’s patch? Maybe it’s interfering…

JamesR

@drmca wrote:

Figured my CD image was corrupt from using download accelerator… 2nd try…

No good! No more load balancing, limited under 6 mbit.

Actually, after more testing, I managed to force some load balancing to occur after adding many download segments. With 1.0 and Atheling’s patch the 2nd d/l segment would almost 100% be load balanced. Here I had to add 6-7 segments to get load balancing.

Do I need to remove Atheling’s patch? Maybe it’s interfering…

You may want to run a checksum of your 2.0RC2 image. I’ve seen some reports that some of the download sites (one in Switzerland?) may have bad copies. Incidentally, my 2.0RC2 CD ISO has this SHA-1 hash: f7abb94f0808b9675d7f072fb662c3256b051e0e and has been working.

DrmCa
    Participant

@jamesr wrote:

You may want to run a checksum of your 2.0RC2 image. I’ve seen some reports that some of the download sites (one in Switzerland?) may have bad copies. Incidentally, my 2.0RC2 CD ISO has this SHA-1 hash: f7abb94f0808b9675d7f072fb662c3256b051e0e and has been working.

🙂 And how do you think I figured that? 😆

BTW, Switzreland mirror has a good copy. Just don’t use download managers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.