1) In what context do you use the Captive Portal of Zeroshell?
To authenticate our users before they access Internet. We are a Computer Science department, Master and Doctoral level. User database is on an external LDAP server.
2) What are the hardware (CPU, RAM and disk) do you use?
Dell PowerEdge R200
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3220 @ 2.40GHz 2400MHz
Disk: 2×146 GB SAS in RAID 1
3) What release of Zeroshell do you use?
1.0.beta14 so far. I am afraid my customizations (patches that are automatically applied at start-up) will break if I upgrade.
4) Did you enable the protection against DoS (Denial of Service)? if the answer is yes, please specify the protection level (Low, Medium or High).
I think no, because I cannot find this option 🙂
5) What is the total number of users that you manage with the captive Portal?
200 to 250
6) What was the peak of concurrent users connected?
7) At the peak of concurrent users connected, did you notice unacceptable delays in the captive portal authentication?