… snip …
I update kernel for b14 download
Thanks for the great work.
FWIW, the above image can also be used for ALIX boards, with minor modifications to the grub.conf and menu.lst files for “serial” console.
I need the newer kernel to try out an Wi-Fi card that works with kernel 2.6.32 and later.
I took the easy way out and simply copied the grub.conf and menu.lst files from the ALIX .img file into the above. The .img files are compatible with Linux KVM (qemu).
Here are the steps:
1. Startup Linux KVM with a Rescue CD, I used SystemRescueCD. (Include the .img file as a hard disk in the KVM).
2. mkdir /mnt/sda1.
3. Mount /dev/sda1 on /mnt/sda1 (the /boot partition)
4. scp the grub.conf and menu.lst files (obtained from the stock 1.0b14 ALIX image) into /mnt/sda1/grub/ directory.
5. Shutdown the Linux KVM
6. dd the update .img file to a CF
7. Install the CF on the ALIX board and boot
— Arun Khan