Maybe my problem is even more basic. Maybe I am not setting zeroshell correctly to serve LDAP. I cannot find any documentation, FAQs or How-To on the steps that are required to set it up.
Is there a guideline I can follow? Did I miss the documentation somewhere?
Here is what I did:
- create a data store
- create a new profile…
- I filled in the description
- corrected the hostname to look like ldap.testing.com
- made sure the Kerberos Realm matches the domain, TESTING.COM
- ensured the LDAP base is dc=testing,dc=com
- set a new password
- clicked Create
- I then Activate the new profile
- I don’t know if my zeroshell machine is restarting automatically every time I activate a different profile, but I know it did restart last time I did
- then I go to LDAP/NIS, check LDAP and LDAP over SSL and click Save
Am I missing something?