Reply To: GENERICAL VOIP PROBLEM WITH NO ANSWER and NO SOLUTION

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell GENERICAL VOIP PROBLEM WITH NO ANSWER and NO SOLUTION Reply To: GENERICAL VOIP PROBLEM WITH NO ANSWER and NO SOLUTION

iulyb

@drmca wrote:

Got it, this is something to start with.

In more detail, I used to have PAP2T ATA that over almost 10 years lost registration every about 6 months give or take a couple months.
Once registration was lost, nothing at all would restore registration but a change in port number. If I changed port from 5060 to 5061 it would register and work fine for another 4-6 months.
Over those 10 years I changed ISP and VOIP providers but the issue was always there. The only constant was Zeroshell router, which I gradually upgraded from 1.0 to 3.5 and somewhere in the middle rebuilt profile from scratch a couple of times.
Now I have Grandstream HT702 ATA and it loses registration almost daily.
I tried a few things and ended up switching from UDP to TCP and suddenly it works fine. It still loses registration every once in a while, but now with TCP it automatically re-registers and every time it does, it uses a different random port number (as I can see from the VOIP provider control panel), ignoring the 5060 kind of port that it used with UDP.
It’s not that I am hard pressed to or eager to go back to UDP, just curious what could have caused this.

Had similar issue, with PAP, on alix witn an updated 3.6 works ok while on APU2 with 3.6 new image lost registration after every single reboot.
running `conntrack -f` fixed my issue but you will need to track your issue.
As a side note, csipsimple (android sip client) with same provider doesn’t have any issue.

If you decide to use other ports then 5060 or 5061 I suggest you should register them into the kernel module.

A completely different approach would be to get rid of kernel modules

rmmod nf_nat_sip && rmmod nf_conntrack_sip

Then forward all necessary ports to your device like here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/draytek-firewall-voip/
However this will not work if you want to use csipsimple and pap in the same time like me.