Reply To: transparent proxy and issues with netflix and other sites

Home Page Forums Network Management Transparent Proxy transparent proxy and issues with netflix and other sites Reply To: transparent proxy and issues with netflix and other sites

whitesun

I had the same issue but only when using a streaming device. Netflix works fine on my PCs. But when I use a streaming device like a Wii, Roku, etc.

Netflix uses weird Headers for their pages and causes the proxy to malfunction and not work.

What I did was exclude the streaming device from the proxy. Add it on the main Proxy page with the plus button. If you do not know the IP address of the device odds are good you can get it from the DHCP page under leases.

Once you exclude it Netflix should work with no issue with the streaming device. I actually setup a small range of IP address’s for example 192.168.1.81-192.168.1.100. Then I static configure my streaming devices in this range so I do not have to setup an exception each time.

I also do this so I can enable QoS on the range and guarantee bandwidth to prevent any excessive buffering incase my connection is busy.

For you other programs, if you use the Windows Platform, there is a program called WireShark. When you load the program have WireShark collect the packets and see which ones fail and if you need to exclude these specific IP Address’s from the proxy so it can pass thru to your Computer with no issue.

If you do not want it Network wide but for a specific device. Just set the destination IP Address and only that device will get unfiltered access to that specific IP.

Good Luck 🙂

Joe