Reply To: zeroshhell 2.0.RC3 Broadcom Netxtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Eth

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell zeroshhell 2.0.RC3 Broadcom Netxtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Eth Reply To: zeroshhell 2.0.RC3 Broadcom Netxtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Eth

koodee

Hi,

I had the same problem yesterday, your post helped me but did not solved the problem entirely. Here is how I did it.

On my server, when I try to set an ethernet interface up, it doesn’t work, and dmesg tells me that bnx2-mips-06-6.2.1b.fw is missing.

I started by copying the content of /lib on /DB, and added the missing firmware in it.
My troubles started when I had to use the preboot and postboot scripts. Without the ethernet interfaces, I coudn’t access the web interface, so I had to write the scripts manually.

For the postboot, no problem, it was executed and I was able to see it in the log file, but couldn’t get the preboot to run.

I finally found an other solution :
mount –bind /DB/lib/firmware /lib/firmware

After that, I was able to get my interfaces up. Just had to add it in the postboot script to automate this at every boot.

Thanks for your post that confirmed me I was on the right way, and I hope this can help someone.