Reply To: VPN Bounding, Server will not give Internet Connection

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking VPN Bounding, Server will not give Internet Connection Reply To: VPN Bounding, Server will not give Internet Connection

blacklionpt

Oh, sorry for re posting in a row, but i finnaly figured it out!

All i had to do was exacly what TheNanny Said, but i somehow missread! I just needed to add the Bound00 interface on both servers to the NAT, and bam, internet started zapping at 3 Mbps!

It’s quite stable, and a lot faster than the old Load Balancing metod, even with the now added 35 ms that it takes to the packets to travel to the Remote Server.

Also, m_elias, i just tried out the fail over, and it made the switch in an instant. As soon as i forced one tunnel to go down, unplugging the cable, it immediately started using the other one alone. If i stop the remote server, it will start the traditional load balancing between my DSLs, maybe the older version was worse than the new one?

So far this is working very, very nicely! Again, thank you TheNanny for the awesome tips!

EDIT:
Ok, i’ve stumbled across some other problem 🙁

I Have a small HTTP Server in my home, which is also connected to the Internet via ZeroShell.

The Port forward and all went well, but the problem is i can’t make the DNS for the link to loop inside ZeroShell, it will basically end up going to the internet, and coming back.

I Tried to use DNS Forwarders, wrote the domain, and the IP of the machine connected to ZeroShell, but it doesn’t seem to be redirecting the request!

What could be wrong here?