Reply To: Does RAIDUS server even work with tomatousb linksys routers?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Does RAIDUS server even work with tomatousb linksys routers? Reply To: Does RAIDUS server even work with tomatousb linksys routers?

@thresh wrote:

It definitely does work… I have sucesfully had WRT54GLs, E3000s, RT-n16s, and the g asus router that supports mlppp all work with Radius Authentication and built in LDAP via Tomato… can you walk me through your procedure.. have you set up radius authenticated clients and radius proxy server for the tomatos

Sure, I just followed some of those guides on the net, but here is the ballpark. I’m just trying to do simple PEAP for now

-First, created new trusted CA, exported that to .DER file to use on clients.
-Enabled the RADIUS
-Added authorized clients, so my router(s) – e3000’s IP address, lets say it’s .105 of the subnet
-Added a user, myself with password.

-On tomato firmware router E-3000, wireless AP 2.4Ghz I changed to WPA2 enterprise, AES encryption, Radius server: zeroshell’s admin IP, and port # 1812

-Clients, I imported the .DER file and put it in the trusted certificates.
-setup the wireless AP properties: Select Enterprise/radius
-Set computer authentication, prompt for user/pass
-PEAP, selected the certificate I imported
-set EAP-MSCHAP v2

Then now I try to connect to my router and what happens is I get prompt user/pass then I enter it and it can’t connect, error, doesn’t work etc.

I check zeroshell, there’s nothing in the RADIUSD logs, just says waiting for request…