Reply To: No ‘Sticky Sessions’ so shop carts, banking etc drop out

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell No ‘Sticky Sessions’ so shop carts, banking etc drop out Reply To: No ‘Sticky Sessions’ so shop carts, banking etc drop out

atheling

Do you have my NB and QoS patch installed? The later versions of that dealt with the issue of “stickyness” of connections. Basically the last set of changes to that patch set up a different method for routing the pings that are used to determine if the WAN links are good. The original way resulting in the Linux routing cache being flushed every few seconds which resulted in the behaviour you are reporting.

If you have installed the latest version of the patch, there are still some things that can lead to the routing cache being cleared. Unfortunately they are arcane and badly documented kernel routing tuning parameters… I’ll cross my fingers and hope that you either don’t have my patch installed or don’t have the latest version installed before we go into that area.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19663978/ZS_nb_quo_b14_b.tar.gz

(Patch is for b14 which is what I am still running, but I believe is should apply okay to b15.)