Reply To: LOAD BALANCER

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell LOAD BALANCER Reply To: LOAD BALANCER

netman

@micampo wrote:

Hello

interesting to see a document with pictures of these implementations

Greetings

network would improve if I use the network card 10/100/1000 and 10/100/1000 switches for WAN?

You may read the “draft” document published at the documentation section (Writer: Steve. Title:Zeroshell implementation scenarios (QoS and Load Balancing) ) here.

In the next days I’ll send to Fulvio the Second Part that shows the the Implementation that fully utilizes ZS Capabilities regarding Load Balancing and QoS/traffic Shaping. (10 Upstreams-ISPs, with LB and QoS/Traffic Shaping on every “Link”).

Now, regarding your question: ” … network would improve if I use the network card 10/100/1000 and 10/100/1000 switches for WAN?”

No … unless your Total-aggregated (From all your ISPs) DownStream Bandwidth is more than 90Mb. So, why I put a Gig Switch in my implementations?! Because that’s what I had “in hands” / spare :D.

Also, keep in mind that most (If not all) of the aDSL Router/Modems, have Feth Infs, not Gig … so the Gig Switch between the ZS and the Upstream Routers/modems might look like an “over kill”.But again, that’s what I had for “spare”.

The general answer to your question is: First Know your needs and your capabilities …

Regards
Steve