Reply To: Netbalancer stalling with multiple gateways, gets confused

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Netbalancer stalling with multiple gateways, gets confused Reply To: Netbalancer stalling with multiple gateways, gets confused

atheling

@aussiewisp wrote:

… but to be honest I started with ZS as I thought it could do it all.

I’ve sent you an email with a link to the patch.

I started with ZS for the same reason. The number of open source router products that actually seem to do QoS and load balancing over multiple WAN links was very small when I did my survey a year or two ago. And you get into some serious money when you look at commercial products that claim to do it well.

I will admit to being pleasantly surprised about functionality that I did not care about when doing my initial research. For example, I am now using ZS’s Radius server to allow my WiFi network to work in WPA Enterprise mode. Even though I’m only using this for a small office environment it does make managing visitors quite easy: Just add them to the directory with their own password when they arrive then drop the entry when no longer needed. Remaining WiFi clients need not touched when removing a no longer desired WiFi client and everything is still secure.