Reply To: Netbalancer stalling with multiple gateways, gets confused

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Netbalancer stalling with multiple gateways, gets confused Reply To: Netbalancer stalling with multiple gateways, gets confused

atheling

Stock net balancing has some issues. First it is incompatible with QoS in its use of packet tagging, second it doesn’t set up connection information for in-bound originated traffic (if you have a server on your LAN). Third, the net balance script basically resets the routing cache every time it runs so if you have https traffic it won’t stick to one interface. There may be other issues, but I’d have to go look at the patch to refresh my memory.

I did a patch for beta 12 to address those issues and none of the files it touches were changed for beta 13 so it can be cleanly applied there. Reports are that it runs on beta 14 too but some of the files touched have been changed between beta 13 and 14.

The patch was submitted to Fulvio for consideration but he did not release it in beta 13 or beta 14.

I am hoping to dig myself free of accumulated chores and get some time to upgrade my Zeroshell system to beta 14 and update the patch for it too. Maybe in the next few weeks…

In the meantime, I can point you to the beta12 patch if you’d like to try it to see if it helps in your situation. And it sounds like you have a good setup for helping identify problems in that area so when I get around to updating the patch for beta 14 I might try to enlist you as a tester.