Reply To: Is Netbalancer/QoS patch included in ZS 0.1b14

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Is Netbalancer/QoS patch included in ZS 0.1b14 Reply To: Is Netbalancer/QoS patch included in ZS 0.1b14

Pit

The “Immediately restart PPPoE and 3G Mobile” option on my Net Balancer page is set to “yes”.
I do not understand the code on the whole, but it looks like that more than one “helping hand in the background” tries to restart the lines or there is an unintendet loop or the “Immediately restart PPPoE and 3G Mobile” option is not logic itself and redundant.

My boxes are delivered preinstalled and the ppp lines are working a few seconds after the cables are connected. No start is necessary. With disabled failoverd my lines have the daily disconnect and are up again after a few milliseconds without intervention. So i think failoverd will work properly with “Immediately restart PPPoE and 3G Mobile” option set to “no”.

The more i think over this i ask me for what reason this option is at all.
It is confusing.

I can not understand Fulvio’s hesitation on incorporating your patch into his code base too. In my test environment there was no false declaring at all. And i testet over weeks. By the adjustment of failoverd you have to bear in mind that sometimes the lines have a latency of more than 1 second. Smaler adjustments have false faulty declarations of course.
But this is not a cause of your patch.

Please be so kind and talk with Fulvio together about your patch and ask him what exactly is not fine with your code. I am sure you both will find a solution.