Reply To: Asterisk goes offline when connected to ZS

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Asterisk goes offline when connected to ZS Reply To: Asterisk goes offline when connected to ZS

lip

Unresolved fluctuating call quality, between WAN and PBX (as attendant is choppy). Periods range from clear to severe(scratches, burps, hisses, hiccups, dropouts, and occasional disconnects).

Eliminated
WAN – same on Rogers cable, and Bell DSL
Router – same on Zeroshell, ZyWallUWG, DLink x 2, .. same (or better) no rules vs. rules for PBX
PBX – same on new hardware and software load, same (or better) no NAT settings (interestingly, calls seemed crystal clear right after set NAT:never/IP:public, but it didn’t last)

Unlikely
Router – default supposed to work but, rule (currently off) allow 5060u(or range) doesn’t seem to affect
Asterisk – default supposed to work but:
– Asterisk sip_custom.conf>public, private IPs (uncomment)
– Asterisk FreePBX>SIP Settings Module(competes with .conf above)>NAT:yes, no, never, route | IP:Public, Static, Dynamic (supposed public is no NAT, static is NAT)
– Asterisk trunk or other relevant settings? Again, default supposed to work so I doubt it.

Remaining
Provider – try another for calls in/out, provider can do a trace, maybe I can with wireshark
WAN – maybe getting hammered by spammers/hackers based on location, will ask ISP and/or attempt to log or monitor
– White/Black IP List for IPTables, I am going to implement this, though I don’t know f it’s part of the problem at the moment, better safe than sorry

The issue seems to be routing WAN traffic, is there anything I am missing?
I guess traces and monitoring would help…