Reply To: Tuning packet size? High PPS/bw from ACKs over VPN bond link

Home Page Forums Network Management VPN Tuning packet size? High PPS/bw from ACKs over VPN bond link Reply To: Tuning packet size? High PPS/bw from ACKs over VPN bond link

m_elias

Thank you LastwagenMann for that write up! A while back, I tried load balancing two DSL 7/0.4 Mbps connections with two bonded VPN tunnels. Back then, I found the ACKs for both tunnels were sent up both tunnels essentially resulting in double the uploads which severely limited our downloads. I have been trying to figure out how I can increase our uploads as it’s becoming more popular to upload pictures and videos. One option is to just add a 3rd DSL connection, but I would like to increase our uploads by a factor of 5 or greater, not 1.5. We have a new WISP in the area that might be able to provide me with a custom connection something like 2/5 Mbps, at which point I would like to use the WISP for uploads, and the DSL for downloads. It looks like your routing solution might be the key for this to work, but I also need to figure out why the uploads were being doubled.