Reply To: Net Balancer

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Net Balancer Reply To: Net Balancer

Luigi10

Thanks for the assistance. I was unable to specify the output interface and the IP address of the default gateway (10.104.117.1), but I was able to just put in the default gateway and that seemed to have fixed the routing issue we had.

Now I am trying to figure out what is needed in regards to DNS.

We currently have our DNS servers specified as the forwarders for our client’s DNS servers. In the event of a WAN link failure that we provide (DSL or T1), the clients will not be able to resolve websites to IP addresses.

I am aware of the fact that we can set DNS forwarders on the ZS box and then have our clients use the IP address of the ZS box as their DNS forwarder. My question for this is, is there a way to provide failover for this DNS function? I’d like to make it so that when our WAN link is up (DSL or T1), ZS will forward DNS requests to our Primary and Secondary DNS servers, but when those WAN links are down, we would like ZS to forward DNS requests to a DNS server out on the internet (for example, OpenDNS).

Is there a way to configure this?

Also is there a way to perform policy-based routing on ZS?

Thanks