Reply To: [SOLVED] Accesing local servers using the domain name.

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell [SOLVED] Accesing local servers using the domain name. Reply To: [SOLVED] Accesing local servers using the domain name.

rsansores

Hi ppalias, your thougths really help me a lot because force me to do some testing and even If I havent resolved the problem now I really know what the problem is.

So here comes a brief description of the test:

I tried doing again a telnet to port 80 using the ip and one again and I got the next reponse:

301 Moved Permanently

Moved Permanently

The document has moved here.

Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.5.1 PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny3 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g Server at Sistemas.lan Port 80

The first time I ran the telnet I didnt read the response I just said, Oh it responded! I feel really ashamed 😳

Now I know that my Apache server is always redirecting the requests to mydomain.com and inside my network Zeroshell dont know how to manage that.

I wanted to be completely sure so I opened a new browser and typed ftp://192.168.2.2 and acceded my annonym ftp with no problem. Obviously ftp://mydomain.com didnt work.

So the problem (And this time Im sure) is that Zeroshell dont know how take out the request to the internet and return it to 192.168.2.2. So I think atheling aproach was completely correct but theres still something missing in my configuration.

Is there a way for troubleshooting the atheling aproach or could someone help me setting zeroshell DNS to redirect all mydomain.com request directly to 192.168.2.2. I really prefeer atheling aproach cause if at some point I need to add a second server I dont know if theres a way to add dns resolving rules to forward the correct ip to the client depending in ports or application.

Thanks again!!