Reply To: [SOLVED] Accesing local servers using the domain name.

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell [SOLVED] Accesing local servers using the domain name. Reply To: [SOLVED] Accesing local servers using the domain name.

atheling

Looking through the traffic counts on your various rules, it appears that the custom_postroute chain is being executed but that the rules in it are not being matched.

So I guess I should verify that I really understand your topology. I am I correct in thinking that your LAN with the servers is attached to ETH2 and that your Internet connection is on ETH1 and nothing is attached to ETH0 or ETH3. This is different than your first post but is my guess based on the traffic counts for rule hits.

So is it like this?

Internet (Dynamic IP) –> DSL Modem (10.n.n.n) (10.m.m.m ETH1) Zeroshell (192.168.2.n) LAN

With your servers being on 192.168.2.2 and 192.168.2.95.

I assume you are doing some sort of dynamic DNS to allow external access to your servers. If you do a nslookup for your domain does it return a routable public address or are you getting one of your private subnet address ranges (either 10.0.0.0/8 or 192.168.0.0/16).

If you are getting the dynamic public IP, is your modem setup to NAT that back into the Zeroshell box?